Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Granny at the Circus cont...

Ok, so Ive been working pretty regularly for a couple of days cause I dont have to work and Sarah is off school and it is too damn hot to go anywhere.
So this is yesterday's:

I went back in with the tempera on several areas. I did a few local color glazes. The biggest problem I am Having is the stupid brush. I once again forgot to clean my Winsor Newton Series 7 and even though I got all the paint out, it will never be the same. It's totally splayed and I can't make a good point with it. Today I tried using the tempera brush for part of the time (Winsor Newton University from Amazon) it synthetic so its a little springier and not so soft. Its been fine for what I did today but its not a very good blender. I will have to try the blick sable, they are alot cheaper.

Here is what I did all day today:
I mostly worked on the ringmaster and the showgirl's clothes. I started to do a little in the back. I'm afraid the floor is a little too dark and I'm not sure how to lighten it. If I want it to be more subtle I think I can go over it with white and then a color and bring the whole thing up. I guess I will give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment