Friday, May 21, 2021

Snow queen clayboard pt2

 These are my thoughts now that I have finished this one.

While the clayboard was good for the graphite it is really too slick for egg tempera. It took several coats to get to the point where I felt like it was adhering properly. It was very fragile and scratchy for a long time. I, of course, ended up putting plenty of layers on it since I was designing as I went along. I hope it will solidify as time goes by.


 This was the original ink drawing on clayboard. I changed it several times as I went along



I was designing the costume as I went. I also changed the alcove a couple of times.
Finally ended up with this




Also got to practice using my camera for decent pictures. 

So my overall review of the clayboard is a negative. They advertise it for egg tempera but its really not absorbent enough. On the next one I am trying something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment