Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Nan and Grampa

This will be a journal of my new project using the mische technique. This is the process I used on "See my gerbil" ( check 2 experiments if you want to see details on that technique) It is based on a picture of my Grandmother and Grandfather. I say based cause I doubt it will turn out looking much like them.
Here is the photo:

As you can see it is in pretty bad shape. This is after I fixed it up on photoshop. Its quite faded and beaten up but this is how I remember them best. Circa 1971 or so, when my cousin and I would sleepover and play dress up with my grandmother's nightgowns and jewelry.

So here is how I started:
ink on gessoed panel

Then, as the process goes, I covered it with a layer of red oil paint:


red oil paint

I let it dry for about a week and then began to paint in the light areas with the egg tempra (made with the egg oil emulsion):


red covered with white egg tempera

I can see that both faces will have to be readjusted (the faces are the hardest part for me) but there's going to be so many layers on here I will have plenty of time to change it.



And the final result:




No comments:

Post a Comment